Nantahala Wedding Reception
When your friend books a destination wedding, thank them! For an entire weekend (or even just one night), it is going to feel like a mini-Utopia filled with friends and family.
I will be in the springtime wedding of my college roommate being hosted at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. As a bridesmaid, I had the responsibility, along with others in the wedding party, to help guide our friend in planning the details.
This will be a Nantahala Wedding. There are several themes to choose among and when her wedding planner at the resort learned that an elegant black-tie evening was a priority, the Nantahala theme was decided.
The real fun starts after the vow exchange on the Sunset Pavilion that overlooks the golf course and gives spectacular views of the sun setting behind the mountains. Festivities begin with a cocktail hour featuring two butlers who will pass trays of hors d’oeuvres and premium brand cocktails under the sparkling lights. Dinner will be a sumptuous three-course plated dinner with tableside wine service highlighted by a celebratory champagne toast. Some of the guests will have dietary considerations, such as vegan and diabetic, but no problem at Brasstown Valley Resort, where everyone is accommodated.
After dinner the celebration continues with mingling and dancing and an open, premium-brand bar.
An online tribute: “I cannot say enough about their professionalism, warmth and desire to give 110%. The guests are still talking about the delicious food, beautiful Georgia wedding venue and excellent service.”
The other parts of the Nantahala perks go beyond the reception planning. For example, our friend has:
- Deluxe wedding night suite for bride and groom
- Complimentary cake cutting service and distribution – after remarks
- Complimentary bartending, chef carving, tea and coffee service at dinner
- Best part? Special guest room rates for all of us attending – we just mention the wedding name as we make reservations.
So as a planner, my job is almost done, except now we are arranging options for daytime fun so her 125 guests can truly experience all Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has to offer:
- Tee times are arranged for the first 12 guests that RSVP. The championship 18-hole course is ranked by both Golf Digest and Leading Golf Courses of America as one of the top golf courses in Georgia.
- Reservations are being made now for Equani Spa for guests who would like to indulge in body treatments, facials, and soothing massages. We included this in the invitations.
- A small pond and stream are on the resort, which is ideal for those who want to fish. Complimentary equipment is available by inquiry at the front desk.
- The only resort in North Georgia to offer trail rides is right here! The Stables house the beautiful, gentle horses that, along with their lively guides, will takes guests on five miles of picturesque trails through the Chattahoochee National Forest.
An online tribute: “You and the staff at Brasstown Valley Resort went above and beyond to make our destination wedding perfect. We will be returning for our five-year anniversary!”
Me? I’m a horseback-riding and hiking kind of gal and I prefer hiking boots to heels. I’m in my zone helping my friend finalize the plans for the wedding she envisions. Even if the guests do not indulge in some of the resort’s onsite activities, they can have the afternoon to explore the nearby towns, wineries, gardens, or simply sit back in a chair overlooking the views, and relax.
If you go: Book your stay at the luxurious-yet-laid back Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. It’s a great time to get outside, come inside, and to stay fireside on cool spring nights.