Opened in June 2006, The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa establishes the property as the only full-service resort and conference hotel in the North Georgia Mountains to offer guests a horseback trail-riding experience.
Featuring five miles of trails, the Stables primarily offers one- and two-hour guided mountain trail rides, accommodating all experience levels, from beginner to advanced. Guests can meander through open fields, hardwood forests and crystal-clear trout streams as they travel throughout the property. Custom excursions, hayrides and catered picnic rides also are available for both individual and group outings.
For guests ages seven-years-old and younger, the Stables offer hand led horseback rides in the facility’s riding ring. The 1,200 square-feet Facility is perfect for both individual leisure guests and larger organized groups, and is open to both resort guests and the general public.
We also offer Axe-Throwing and Archery at the Stables.
1. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ride time in order allow time for processing
2. Closed toed shoes required (no sandals)
3. We have a 72 hour notice of cancellation of booking. Any booking not cancelled within at least 24 hours before appointment time will be charged in full.
4. For the safety of the horses and riders we will weigh all guests riding our horses. We have a 245 pound weight limit. Riders must be able to mount the horse from the ground unassisted. Any special accommodations should be discussed prior the scheduled ride time.
5. Trotting and galloping is not offered at our stables facility.
Stables Facility Features:
We Recommend Activities be booked in Advance
Stables Hours & Ride Times:
Please call in advance for Winter Trail rides. Hours are subject to change.
Guided Trail Rides by appointment 6 days a week-9am until 2:15 pm, not available on Thursday.
**this includes axe throwing and archery**
The resort had supervised horseback riding… and my seven-year old absolutely loved riding Dusty and Topper… the awesome stable cowboy was friendly to parents and great with kids.
This is a wonderful experience for the whole family. Great hiking trails, spa, indoor/outdoor pool, stables, and lots of scenic views. It does not get any better than this!
There were so many other activities to take advantage of… horseback riding, spa, hiking, etc. this resort is a great place to spend a vacation in the Georgia Mountains.
This resort is an all season destination with horse back riding, golf, and spa. In our most recent trip we took advantage of the 6 mile day hike which passes through one of the national forests.